Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Update of Life


I just thought I would update you on the things we have done lately. Memorial weekend was a blast. Saturday morning Madison went fishing with her Dad, Grandpa and Uncle and out fished them all! she caught the longest fish and one that was shorter but was the fattest fish! They ended up only keeping three but she caught around 7 or 8 fish. Way to go! It was a wonderful weekend getaway, so peaceful and serene. It rained most of Sunday and it smelled so fresh and new I love it when it rains in the mountains. Anyway McKinley turned four months on Memorial Monday so she had her first four-wheeler ride. Daniel took her (I'm like a fish to water with a snowmobile but for some reason 4-wheelers make me a bit nervous) and we put the sling on him and put her in. She rode with her hand out feeling the wind the entire time. Also as is McKinley she rode with her tongue out almost the entire time tasting the different air and this new sensation. The kids enjoyed it and spent most of their time exploring and riding 4-wheelers or fishing. When we got home Monday night they were beat! Which was great because then Daniel and I got a decent night's sleep.



Then that following Thursday Madison graduated from preschool. It was a great day. They had the cutest program and I absolutely loved the scrapbook to see how much she had learned and how mush she had grown this past year! And pretty soon (July 20) she will be starting kindergarten. I'm sad...she's excited and nervous, she says she will miss her best friend, Kaelyn from preschool. They have gone to preschool together for the past 2 years and now Madison will go to Lincoln and Kaelyn will go to Adams. Madison is so worried about not having friends in kindergarten, because all her friends in the neighborhood and ward started school last year, but she's cute and outgoing and I'm sure she will have no problem making friends with about everybody in her class.


McKinley also had her 4 month check up she now weighs 13lbs 6oz and is 24 1/4 inches long. She is doing great other than when her mother eats dairy products then she's cranky for the next couple of days. She's rolling over front to back and back to front and wants to sit up so badly and be big. She tries to sit up in her car seat and holds her head up until Carter slams it back and tells her "No Kinny! Down!"


The Saturday following Memorial Day we had a yard sale. They are huge productions I never realized the time and effort put into them until we had ours. It was a long hot day. And we are going to have another one at my grandma's in Clearfield on Saturday...so not looking forward to it, but hey every little bit of extra cash helps and it cleans out your house of un-used items.


Everyone in our family has been sick with the 24 hour flu that is going around and no it's not swine flu, but if I were you I would take any necessary precaution not to get it. It's nasty. However we now all have currently a clean bill of health.


Off that pleasant subject...we had book club at our house. In May we read the Candy Shop Wars by Brandon Mull (author of Fablehaven) It was a good book, I prefer Fablehaven, but it was a good read and easy. I'm all about easy with 3 kids it's hard to find time to read so it needs to be easier so I can get through it in the short quiet moments that I get. Although Carter and Madison did not attend book club they did get to enjoy the left over treats. (I got the treats out of the book and labeled them with their corresponding title and/or power from the book).


Saturday was fun because of Hill's Air Show. We didn't go on base (maybe another year) there were way too many people but we did climb on the roof and watch the thunderbirds fly. Carter was really nervous on the roof he kept telling us that he was done and wanted to get down. But when they saw the planes flying over they were so excited. It was so cool they flew right over us and everyone had to cover their ears they were so loud! so everyone got a little sun and had a pretty good day.



We also had a scare our little niece, (and cousin) had to go in for emergency surgery. She is 7months old. She had an incarcerated hernia, which ended up killing one of her ovaries. We were all a nervous wreck that day. Normally as a family we would all be at the hospital giving our support to Daniel's sister and husband as they went through this terrifying experience. However this was I would say more difficult because they now live in Texas (the only sibling on both sides of our family to move out of state) so this is our only niece/cousin and we couldn't be there. We had to sit and wait and cry until we got the phone call that she was out of surgery and then wait for the call to hear what the doctors had to say and it was awful. I can't even imagine what her parents were going through and to have to go through it alone. Our thought and prayers were with them. We (the kids and I) were at the zoo when we found out. I told the kids what had happened to Macy and Madison piped up and said we should say a prayer for Jesus to help her and make her better. So in the middle of the zoo we stopped and prayed for Macy. Everything went fine and she is doing wonderfully. I'm not saying that it's all because Madison prayed, but what a great example to me that we can stop and pray anywhere and what faith this little girl has. I feel so unworthy to be her mom.



On to an even sadder note this last week I attended a funeral for an 11 month old little girl. My dad's best friend growing up is Ralph Tasker. His daughter Teresa has Lupus. This has caused issues with her pregnancies. She has one little boy Hunter who is about 2. She then had a little girl last June who was born 3 months early weighing in at 1lb 7oz. They knew she was going to have a hard battle to fight to even survive. Well she pushed through and has had problems, physically and mentally but has fought and done well considering. Well Piper Raelynn Quist passed away Saturday night May 31. They thought they were through all the hard stuff, but I guess it was here time to go. (Her great grandma passed away a few months ago...I believe she came to get Piper so she wouldn't have to struggle anymore). It was a beautiful service. But I cried so much. It makes you realize how precious life is and to hold your children longer and not to scold them quite as often, to relish in the moment that you have them here with you. Teresa and her husband must be very strong because I know that I would not be able to handle something like what has happened to them and their little family. My thoughts and prayers are with them at this time. To lose anyone in your life makes you look inward and re-evaluate your priorities. I know my time is limited with my Grandmothers so I need to have my kids spend more time with them, learn from them and have them teach me all their laundry secrets.



What a way to end a blog post...major downer there....sorry guys! I was taking time to reflect, hope you will do the same. I love my kids and I love you guys here's a cyber love from me...hope it's not the last one I give or you receive but enjoy each love you give/get. :)






1 comment:

  1. How cool to see you guys have a sling for her. They are such awesome things.
    We didn't get to see the air show but have been able to see lots of pictures on friends blogs.
    I'm glad your niece is doing better and so sorry to hear about your friends daughter. What a hard thing to go through.

    ReplyDelete