Friday, November 6, 2009

Halloween

Well here it is a week into another month and things have not slowed down any and we have been completely slacking in the blogging department. I completely blame Daniel, well not completely...I've been doing couponing lately and this wonderful website of fantastic freebies. Well on the website it had if you become a fan on facebook of edible arrangements they will send you a coupon for 6 CHOCOLATE dipped fruit for FREE...well who could turn an offer like that down...definitely not me, it had two key words CHOCOLATE and FREE. So I joined facebook. Well that was a mistake..I found this game, I already own a version of this game, but not this fast paced, one minute timed, bonus crazy version...I'm addicted. I've now spent quite a bit of time playing this game. It's Bejeweled Blitz. Yes I'm pathetic I know.

Anyway I made McKinley's Halloween costume, with some talented help from my mother and grandmother. I'm getting ahead of myself. Thursday Madison was allowed to wear her costume to school. Only the kindergartners get to wear costumes and they do a little parade to the other kindergarten classes and up to the office. Madison went as a genie, since I wouldn't take her nice Wendy costume (night gown) to school, and recess. So here's our genie:


Wish granted


We carved pumpkins, Daniels absolute favorite part of this season. The kids absolutely hate scooping out the pumpkin guts. What's funny is that Carter is such a boy and can miraculously get dirty or dirtier in .05 seconds but he absolutely hates to get dirty with slimy pumpkin guts. He can't even finger paint without wanting to wash his hands every 5 seconds. So here he is scooping pumpkin guts not touching the edges of the pumpkin

disgusted look on his face

Madison concentrating on her pumpkin


Ewwww~! Pumpkin Guts

And now drum roll please....
Our finished products!
Mine is Malificent's dragon..the epitome of evil


Carter wanted Bruce for Daniel to carve..."Hello, name's Bruce" (insert Australian accent)


Madison chose Snow White for Daniel to carve ...."I'm wishing..."


Here's Madison's she designed on her own. It does not have three eyes, the square in the center is actually its nose.


And then Carter had to have one that was throwing up it's guts. However he did not want to spew the guts everywhere, mom and dad had to do that because he had had enough guts. Blech!


Madison then had to dress up in different costumes and have us take her picture. So here is Madison's very own Halloween parade of costumes (there's only two you saw the third...the genie. First we have the devil ... check out my spooky decor behind her


And here's the most wicked witch you've ever met


Really isn't she cute?


Well here it is Halloween night and our dressed up Halloween crew. It was wonderful we all participated and coordinated our costumes. Daniel normally doesn't dress up but this year he did. We were from Peter pan. Madison went as Wendy, Carter obviously went as Peter Pan (there was no way I was getting Daniel in tights) McKinley went as Tinkerbell, I was Captain Hook and Daniel followed me around as the crocodile. He was vary clever and had a metronome in his pocket to simulate the tick-tock of the crocodile clock.

Here's Wendy and Peter hugging


This is "we can fly" pose

Captain hook and Tinkerbell join the picture (let me tell you the mustache was completely annoying, I don't know how men stand to have them. It kept tickling my nose and would get in the way when I ate or drank.) And check out the awesome Tinkerbell costume.
you have to see the whole Captain Hook costume
Here's the whole crew with the crocodile too.

Here's all the kids together (and you can get a better look at the awesome Tink costume, Daniel convinced me that I could make one for cheap and it turned out awesome...not that I have any talent in sewing, Grandma and Mom helped ALOT, but it's shiny and sparkly and it zips all the way down the back, so we put a white onesie on and then wrapped the costume around her and zipped her up and then put the elastic wings around her arms. Form fitting clothes (like Tinkerbell's are not only hard to sew but extremely difficult to maneuver a 9-month little girl into). So I'm extremely pleased with the way it turned out. Without any further delay here's the kids:




And we hope you all had a safe and...

No comments:

Post a Comment