Wednesday, November 30, 2011

More adventures at Target

I know it's been a while, and to be honest, since I discovered Facebook, I have kind of stopped looking at blogs, however, there are some things that are just too long for Facebook...and so I will post it here and link this to Facebook.

Adventures at Target. So some of you know of the adventures that I have had at Target. For those that don't let me know and I'll tell you. But I have to share my latest one...

Standing in line to buy some milk at 9:30 at night. And there is a person in front of me who purchased quite a large amount of items, but because the Customer Service Trainee (as clearly stated on his badge) is finishing things up. As he is about to finish, a front-end supervisor walks up and observes him finalize the purchase. He scans the last item and he looks over to his supervisor apparently to gain approval prior to hitting the total button or whatever...this is when things get ugly.

"Why did you look at her?" The customer demands of the trainee.
"Ummmm..."
"Why did you call her over here?" she shouts
"I didn't, I..."
"Why did you come over here and watch us?" she starts to berate the supervisor.
"Ma'am I didn't come over for any particular reason..."
"Did you think I was going to steal all of this?"

(At this point the three of us, trainee, supervisor and myself are looking like deer in headlights)

"Did you assume that because I am hispanic, I am not able to pay for all of this, so you called someone over to be here to make sure?"

-So at this point, the customer has decided that the supervisor was called over to prevent her from stealing...I feel it necessary to further describe the players involved in this tale. The trainee is a young african-american man who looks like if I sneezed, he'd blow away, the supervisor is 5 feet nothin' and probably weighs about 100 lbs SOAKING WET...the customer is about 5'6' and probably outweighs me...

At this point, an employee that works out on the floor comes over to see what the hubub is. OOPS!

"What do you want?"
"What seems to be the problem?"
"I'm being discriminated against, that's the problem. He thought I was going to steal, and so he called this lady over here, and now they won't answer any questions."

-This prompts the other worker to explain that the trainee is a trainee and the supervisor is supposed to check up on him every once in a while.

"Well why couldn't they tell me that. I didn't know he was a trainee and besides, he had done other people before me, why did you come over when I was about ready to check out?"

"Ma'am it's on his badge, I didn't think I needed to point out the obvious." (I thought that was a good zinger by the supervisor.)

At this point, the customer lost all control (I know as if she hadn't already right?).
"YOU - WILL - BE - HEARING - FROM - ME!" She shouted, pointing at each of the employees in turn.

After she left, I was being about to complete my transaction when another employee walked up to find out what happened.

"Why did he just walk up?" I asked the trainee...Maybe my joke was too soon, because he just about feinted until I told him I was joking.

So the best part is, she went to the guest services desk and demanded to speak to the manager...Guess who they called?

No comments:

Post a Comment