Monday, August 3, 2009

Kindergarten & Elbow pads

So hopefully everyone read how I had a hard time letting Madison go last Thursday to walk to her class alone. Well Friday we get to school and cross the street and she starts to skip off and say bye mom when she turns around and walks back to me and tells me
"Come on mom, you can walk with me."
Well we start walking around to her class and I ask her
"Are you letting me walk with you because I was sad yesterday?"
and she answers
"Yes"
Ooaaah she's taken pity on me and letting me walk with her. Now I feel better, because I'm okay now with letting her go instead of her being independent and leaving me. If that makes absolutely no sense then you're not a mom, it will make complete sense if you're a parent especially a mom.

Now on to the elbow pads...

Well I recently changed purses and in my old purse I had some...well I'm getting ahead of myself. Yesterday Madison had a fever and a cough so Daniel kept the girls home while I took Carter to church (he wanted to go as I was walking out the door) now Sacrament meeting was hard...since I am the chorister and so Carter had to sit on the stand with me. He was walking through the choir seats during the sacrament hymn, he would NoT be reverent or let alone speak quietly and he's learned this new word that we are trying to beat out of him, so during the sacrament he said "mom, we don't say Fock-a" well it sounds like a very very bad word. I could have died of embarrassment, because I think the bishopric heard him. So immediately after sacrament I took him home because I still had stuff to do at the church so back to church I went (Alone yay!) and left Daniel with the kids. So after a peaceful relief society meeting which I haven't had in years I came home. I'm met at the door be McKinley because she was starving, and as I'm feeding her Daniel informs me that our son wants elbow pads. I look at him with a confused look because he has elbow and knee pads that came with his helmet for when we got him his bike. He then shows me what elbow pads he would like.

I recently changed purses and in my old purse I had some things in case of an emergency, well I haven't had to use them since the baby was born, so I had left them in my old purse. Well while I was at church Daniel has a tendency to lose track of some children (especially when he's preoccupied with the PS2) Carter comes down stairs and tells Daniel to put these elbow pads on him and as Daniel turn to Carter to put his elbow pads on he sees the "elbow pads" which are actually pantyliners.

So yet another example of the creativity of kids....I mean really elbow pads?! Hope that gave everyone a giggle. Till next time...which may be a while since camp is next week and I am completely stressed out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment