Saturday, August 22, 2009

Catching Up

Oh goodness we have been totally slacking on our blogging. Daniel said he would update it every week...so much for that. Well it's official girls camp is finally over and it's only taken me a week to recuperate. Well girls camp was successful, there's always the drama of when you put that many women and girls together that emotions and feelings run high and it's just drama, drama, drama and then you add priesthood and there's more drama, drama, drama. Yes I admit there were times I was frustrated with my girls and our priesthood but my leaders were great! and my baby and husband were awesome. Yes I did take McKinley up to girls camp, I had to. She's finicky, she won't take a bottle at all even if I've pumped or formula she will not have it. Then she won't take rice cereal she finds it disgusting. So I talked with the stake and my leaders and they okayed her coming and she was an angel princess. She loved being outside and didn't fuss. The last day (Saturday) we were rained out and McKinley was done (well that's what I thought) she just wanted mom and nobody else, she was fussy and she's almost never fussy...come to find out she was teething. Yep that's right she got her TWO bottom teeth. That was a rough couple of days.

Speaking of teeth Madison has a loose tooth, one of her bottom ones. She wiggles it every day. She was eating corn and started crying we thought she had bit her tongue or cheek but her tooth had jammed into the corn and made it loose, after we told her that her tooth was loose she was excited.

Daniels sister flew in right before we went to girls camp and then left today. So we missed a week with her but we did spend a few days with her and Macy. We loved it, the kids (especially Carter) LoVe Megan and Macy. Even though we were gone to camp Madison and Carter stayed with Tate's (my mom was camp director for her ward) so they spend lots of time with Megan and Macy.

The Saturday we came back we went to the Davis County Fair. We've gone to the fair every year for the past 7 years because when I worked at Michael's the floral manager, Nicole, her kids did 4H and so they had pigs and goats in the fair and we would go to encourage and support them. I was upset that I might miss the fair because of girls camp but we went Saturday since we got home early. The kids loved it. They had a petting zoo. So they saw and pet a buffalo, bull, goats, pigs, yaks, and sat on a Brahma bull.





Do you see the look of sheer terror. But I thought it was an awesome opportunity and experience :)

They also had another bull which the kids touched



This one a guy was feeling it's neck where it has really loose skin and the kids went and grabbed onto it and felt it and Madison turns to us (my mom and me and Lindsay) and says..."It's just like B's arm" I thought we were going to die laughing. B is my 89 year old grandmother who sometimes watched the kids. We haven't told her yet but later today we're having a get together and we'll tell her then.



Also a couple of weeks ago we went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house the kids really enjoyed it. But it was really hot waiting in line.



Such cute kids...Madison kept singing I Love to see the Temple.

Anyway this post is already really long and there's probably alot more to catch you up on but I'll save that for another post. Oh one more thing keep us or at least Daniel in your prayers his last day is next Friday...another hit from the economy and is being laid off from American Express, so he's been scrambling for interviews and such. Thanks.

Until the next post....

No comments:

Post a Comment