Friday, September 18, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

What a wonderful weekend getaway. It was full of rest and relaxation...or there were spots of it. Friday we left right after Madison got out of school and went to Swiss Days. A little town outside of park city celebrating their heritage with tons of booths full of crafts! A crafters Heaven!! I got lots of cute ideas and had a good time with just the girls in our family :) Then at about 10 at night we headed to our cabin and went to sleep. The next day we cleaned the cabin...bleh! but it had to be done...I just have to say I HATE dusting!...it makes me sneeze and my nose stuffy ALL DAY LONG or longer!! So to say the least I was miserable, but at least the day before I was at swiss days while the boys chopped trees and hauled wood. We played games and Rollan and Sam taught us a new card game...Golf (fun fun) Sunday Daniel went home to see Austin set apart as a priest. Yes all you young ladies in the neighborhood Austin Tate is now of dating age. Then he and Lindsay came back up and we did a photo shoot with her, Karen and McKinley. Monday we played, finished cleaning and then headed home. Here's some pics from that weekend and later we'll post pics and stories of our mini vacation to Yellowstone.

Four wheeling Madison, Lisa Bindrup, Madi Bindrup and Carter



Our fire stick


Carter playing in the fire with a stick...what a boy



Our cute McKinley




Dad made benches out of logs to go around the fire pit


Moms' elk fire pit


One of Dad's and Daniel's chores was to clean the outhouse. They cleaned and mopped and wiped walls, etc...made the outhouse fresh. Well we had some pictures we were taking down out of the cabin and so instead of getting rid of them Dad hung them in the outhouse. Well I was out taking pictures of nature, kids the getaway, ya know capturing moments. Well Dad walks up and tells me to go take pictures of the outhouse, and to post them on the internet for all to see. He said he wants to start a program called Beautify the OutHouses America. So here are the pictures of the outhouse to start our program.

Beautify the OutHouses America!





When I went up to take the pics of the outhouse mom was out there checking out their work and she asked if I was taking a picture of her in the outhouse. I said of course I need a model in use of the outhouse for our project. This is the shot I got.....Naughty, naughty!


Carter and Madison wore their helmets all over (just in case they could convince any aunt or uncle to give them a four-wheeler ride) Actually they told me they were wearing them because they needed to be safe while the boys were chopping wood.




Wow this is a long post...lots to catch up on I guess, I'll have more time to post since Madison and I are off-track for three weeks, so hopefully the next posts will be shorter. Until the next post....

No comments:

Post a Comment