Friday, October 16, 2009

Northridge Football

Okay so Austin (Daniels brother) is playing on Northridge Varsity football team. We couldn't be more proud...well we had a lot to do with it :) anyway Daniel is all about supporting his brother which I completely agree with so we go to as many games as possible within our range and it nearly kills him when we're late and if we have to miss one...I mean for heavens sake he's only a sophomore and more than likely he will be on the team when he's a junior and a senior there will be plenty of more games to see. However we support the Tate team and can I say how proud I am of myself for making something for football to cheer on the team... and if I don't say so myself looks dang cute! Marla and Brian bought the 2 kids t-shirts that say Friday Knight Lights...well I thought McKinley was left out (not really...they just don't sell support the team onesies at the football games or I'm sure Grandma would have bought one) So I took it upon myself to have McKinley included. I made her a cheerleader. We had to search everywhere for a black onesie....hello can't anyone sell a plain black onesie? No of course not that would make this undertaking a whole lot easier. Finally I found one at quilted bear. I have some iron-on material that I can print the image from my computer, and got going. On the front of the onesie is the Northridge emblem, on the back it says TATE with a football with-in the words. I then made a tu-tu and a matching headband.
The front:


The back:

So the we have all enjoyed going to the football games...Madison usually ends up falling asleep, but hey that's Madison, McKinley usually falls asleep as well, but hey that's a babies life, and then there's Carter who absolutely loves it. So Last Friday (yes this post is a week late) was the homecoming game...so we all got dolled up in Northridge colors to cheer on the team who played against Roy High and we WON! 36-0 this is huge since it's been a while since we've won, but that's best left to the rantings of the parents of the players. Anyway we have a cheer for Austin... he is number 28 so we say..."28, 28, gooooo Tate!" Yes I know it's simple but the kids LoVe it, they sit and watch for Austin and have a blast here's our Tate team photo:


Tonight is the game against Clearfield and I have an inside tip actually it's from Clearfields coach that he had to suspend some of his starters...so he's pretty sure they are going to lose so Yeah another win for us...knock on wood. Don't want to jinx it. Well wish us luck against the Falcons tonight and I'll post tomorrow about our long week. Till tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. How fun!
    I just looked up the border map for the high schools there. My neighborhood no longer goes to Northridge but Ryan's does. His family lives farther north than mine. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete