Friday, October 16, 2009

We WON!!!

Go Northridge! We won, it was a great game full of excitement, running, screaming and I'm not just talking about my kids...hey who am I kidding both Carter and Madison were out cold by the end of the first quarter. Carter did end up waking up during the last quarter but Madison as we speak (or type) is still out cold but at least now she's in her nice warm bed instead of an ice cold metal bleacher. Take notice that McKinley was not asleep (she did sleep through the third quarter but was awake for the excitement of the fourth) she bounced on my lap as she always does, I figure that it's her inner cheerleader, cheering on Austin, or maybe she bounces from all the excitement and being outside. Anyway...It was exciting, I got there late (I had a class to attend) and when I got there the score was 14-7 Northridge leading. There were some great plays, however there were some interceptions...tsk tsk. But we still ended up winning 49 to 21 however this game has a HUGE moment to one player in particular. Austin scored the last touchdown of the game which was his first touchdown for Northridge! We screamed, we yelled, we cheered, we cried...no wait there's no crying in football! We were ecstatic for #28 and I am glad we were there to see it, I wish we had video of it, maybe we can score some team footage from one of the coach's or maybe they don't have that in high school, I don't know these things, but I do know we are thrilled and excited for Austin! I just had to post this once we got home and the kids warmed up. We are all very fired up over this, Brian was practically giddy walking away from the car after dropping off an asleep Madison. Well goodnight all and one more for the road...
GO NORTHRIDGE!
..28...28...GOOOO TATE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment