Saturday, July 10, 2010

Chocolate Raspberry Tart

I did it again! and yes this time as well was all by myself. I made a delicious Chocolate Tart with Raspberries.....thanks again to Paula Deen! I did have to go out and buy a tart pan for this particular project, but as we speak (type) I'm looking up more recipes to use my tart pan. And it's not just any pan it's a removable-bottom tart pan! There's days I wish I came with a removable bottom...especially after eating all these sweets I'm making!

Anyway it's

2 cups crushed chocolate graham crackers
1/4 cup sugar
6 tablespoons butter, melted
16 (1-ounce) squares semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1- 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
4 pints fresh raspberries
Garnish: melted semi-sweet chocolate

Preheat oven to 350 In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Add melted butter, stirring to combine. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of an 11x1-inch removable bottom tart pan. (I found mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond) Bake for 6 minutes. Let cool completely.

In a medium saucepan, combine chopped chocolate and cream. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Add sugar, whisking until combined. Pour chocolate mixture into bottom of prepared crust. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 3 days.

Just before serving, arrange raspberries over chocolate. Drizzle with melted chocolate, if desired (who wouldn't want more chocolate?) Serve immediately!.....YUMM!!! Okay are you ready for the pics of this yummy treat...really you only need to eat a little sliver, and share with friends...we did :)


Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! and say thanks to Paula Deen.

Until the next post....

No comments:

Post a Comment