Saturday, April 10, 2010

Baby Animal Days

Almost every year we take a trip up towards Logan to the American West Heritage Center for their Baby Animal Days. It's a lot of fun and the kids get to see farm animals, and pet them and the volunteers and workers dress up in pioneer clothes and teach/show you different things. This year (sorry I didn't take pictures of it...but I'll overload you on pics anyway) we learned how to sheer a sheep. It was pretty cool. Gave new meaning to the phrase..."like a lamb to the slaughter" the sheep didn't make a single sound. So on to the picture overload!


Here's out cute family

a cute little goat, I wanted to take home with me!



I didn't need to bring a goat home with me....I already have one!...named...CARTER



this little piggy....
McKinley: I'll just look at the piggy....
Bunnies
Can we have one?...PLEASE!?
a little lamb
okay I'll touch this one
petting a cow/calf

The last 2 years they have had baby turtles that you can hold, they are so cute! and surprisingly not slimy. I wanted to take one home with us, but nothing survives the Tate household!



look how cute! a tiny turtle...awwwwww


Riding a pony...the helmet was a little big. And at about the end she started to kick her legs but then the ride was over.

too much fun!


He was more than a little nervous





This year's main attraction was baby bear cubs.
The kids spent a while here watching them climb all over
Then on to holding the chicks. Madison's chick was freaking out, but then she called it down just like a little mother hen.

The kids really liked the ducks and wanted to take them home with us to. Dad said no!



McKinley wasn't sure at first, but then decided to give it a hug and then it was okay to touch.
It was a lot of fun. I'm glad it's only a once a year trip. The benefit is that the kids slept all the way home! I think I did too, it was a long day but full of fun.
Until the next post....

No comments:

Post a Comment