Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

I have one word for you....

I love coloring Easter eggs, Daniel loves it because then for DAYS after he can have egg salad sandwiches...yummm! The kids love it and I find that even months later they tell me..."mom remember when we dipped the eggs in the cups with color?" Me: yes...they say: "can we do it again?" they love it and it's a fun tradition. So here we go!

I love the colors! so bright and vivid!







Madison can pretty much hold her own...


Carter needs help from dad with taking it out of the "color dip"


Let's see if Kinney can handle it....?



I added this one because it made me crack up...Madison and her faces?!



Carter's doing well.....no spills...yet!

We decided to just let McKinley watch.....good thinking mom!


Coloring and making cool designs!


Into the color bath!

Now we have a tradition that came from my family. When there was still snow during Easter, we would go to the cabin and we would decorate Easter eggs up there, and the Easter bunny would come on a "jet-propelled snowmobile blast" according to my brothers when they were younger (I don't know they might still believe that) and would hide candy in the cabin while we were sleeping. Well back to coloring Easter eggs, the leftover dye we would take outside and throw it in the snow. So we would have rainbow snow for Easter at the cabin. We haven't had snow like we did when I was younger and so we still carry on the tradition except we have a rainbow colored sidewalk. It's still a lot of fun and the kids enjoy throwing the rainbow dye and making a huge mess on the sidewalk that stays for days. Here's our color splash tradition....




we had to have the truck lights on so we could take the pictures, and as you can see...yes it was snowing! Gotta love Utah and it's fickle weather patterns!





Well we had a blast coloring eggs and making a mess! I hope you had a fun Easter. I'll post the Easter egg hunt tomorrow. Until the next post....

No comments:

Post a Comment