Saturday, January 9, 2010

Rodney Basic Graduation

So for those of you who don't know, my brother Rodney joined the Air Force Reserves. He left for Basic Training in October and went for about 8 weeks. After that he is able to go to Maryland to go to tech school where he is learning to be a Metals Technician (for those of us who don't understand that job description he's learning the valuable art of welding). In December was his graduation from Basic Training, wait I'm getting ahead of myself. He left in October, had to spend his 20th birthday in Basic (he told no one so he wouldn't get harassed). So we sent him birthday cards that the kids made, with crayons, markers, stickers and such. We sent him a Halloween picture of our family. We drew hand turkeys for him for Thanksgiving. He did get to call and once when he called we were at my great aunt's funeral. So nobody had their phone on or with them, so he left sad messages on our phones...I wanted to cry. He was able to go into a gas chamber which he thought was completely and totally AWESOME! He was adopted for Thanksgiving. They have a program in Texas called Adopt an Airman. SO he was well taken care of for Thanksgiving. We wrote him letters, the only people in our family that got letters and a postcard back was Madison and Carter! Hello I'm his sister and he didn't even write me! Now I know where I stand. So now in December is his graduation, because of Christmas and job, financial matters I couldn't go, but oh how I wanted to be there. So my Dad, Mom and Grandma flew out for his graduation. Here are his pictures:

This one is actually one from when he arrived. The branch President sent this to us, to ensure us that he was being well taken care of.
Here is his military photo



This one is the day of graduation, hugging my cute 89 year old grandmother.


We are very proud of his willingness to join, if he didn't serve a mission the military was the next best thing. At least he's driven and doing something. Anyway I'm proud of him so I thought I'd blog a little about it.

I'm proud of our military family members....my love goes out to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment