Monday, April 27, 2009

Crazy April...

I'm sorry to all those blog stalkers (Katie) out there who are upset that its been 2 weeks since we updates our blog. It has been a crazy couple of weeks where sheer chaos has run amok in our household.



Well right after we posted our last blog, the Friday before Easter we went up to Wellsville (Logan area) and went to the American West Heritage Center for their baby animal days. The kids loved it they could pet ducks, turtles, chicks, rabbits, goats, cows, ponies, etc. And experience life in the old west. It was a lot of fun, the kids had a blast.










life in the good ol' days

Well we get ready to leave and our lovely bleep, bleep, bleep car decides it's going to break down. Well we've had trouble with it. the boys had to replace the accelerator sensor, and we knew the throttle body sensor was going to have to be replaced. Well that Friday it decided it wasn't going to work anymore. So here we are in the middle of farm country off to the side of the highway with 3 tired kids. Yeah! So Daniel's on the phone trying to find where the nearest dealership/service place is, while (like a girl) I'm calling my daddy seeing if he could come get us and tow us home. Well the nearest service station was back in Logan so



we would have to turn around on the highway only being able to go about 10-15 mph...not an option and they weren't open on Saturday. So our next option was to slowly to the side of the road with hazards on get to this rinky-dink service station about 10 miles ahead of us at the mouth of the canyon as you head south into sardine canyon. That was a white knuckle stress filled 10 miles. (and road kill is not pleasant to drive over going 5 mph...ewww (gag)) We get to the station and he isn't able to help us but he does reset the codes...whatever that means to the automobile savvy people out there and we are able to get home after a prayer and not pushing it over 2500 rpms. Well Saturday after a soccer game Easter egg hunts and such Daniel finally gets around to it and calls on the part we can't get a hold of the guy until Monday....which means i get to drive a tank(parents suburban) around on my first day back to work since having the baby, which is also a complete upset to our routine.

Well the boys get it fixed and it runs on Tuesday. All is well.....well not for long. Wednesday I'm taking the kids up to my mother-in-laws house for her to watch for the 3 hours I'm at work. It does it again...stuck on 193 with 3 children...bleepity bleep car...calling Daniel....calling work....calling mom for ride...no one is answering so I call Marla and she sends Brian in the van to get us. Meanwhile in the car my divinely inspired 5-yr old tells us we need to pray like last time and that Jesus will fix our car....(there's an attitude change for you I mean me) Well I have Brian take us home and he will keep Madison for preschool...on the way home Carter starts puking all over the van....can I please just die? can my day get any worse? and it's not even 9AM. Brian gets us home and I help clean the car as Brian carries Carter in (still puking) and I get McKinley in and send Brian off on his merry way (merrier than my way). I get carter undressed and in the tub and pick up McKinley because she's fussing...well no wonder she's fussing she's blown out everywhere...up the back...up the front...out the legs...getting her clothes off was a joke...there is poop everywhere! so she gets to get in the tub too. Finally after all that I get both of them to sleep and there is peace for a moment....Ahhhh. Then Daniel comes home and takes the car gingerly to Young Chevrolet to do a diagnostic and a 27 point inspection. The problem...all they had to do was reset the codes! However with the 27 point inspection they find that the differential is leaking, the transmission is leaking, we need a new fan clutch, a new brake booster and we need new tires. LOVELY! anyone want a 2005 (p.o.s.) trailblazer with only 50,000 miles on it?

That same Wednesday night I call a member of the bishopric to find out the theme for Sunday so I can choose the hymns and get them turned in for the program. Well somehow in the conversation he asks us to speak on Sunday. What? This Sunday? that only gives me 3 days to prepare...and I love to speak(hint of sarcasm)...I get so nervous that I speak really, really fast and a 15 min talk gets done in 5 min. Also Madison has to give a talk in primary on Sunday. No pressure or stress at all, we just have to prepare 3 talks and continue on with life? because there is now no routine because I've gone back to work and everything left of our routine has been totally screwed up with car and talk troubles. Not only that but I'm in charge of choir so I needed to prepare new numbers to practice since Easter was now over, and we were singing the next Sunday in sacrament. (Picture me running and screaming from my house pulling my hair out...that's how I felt).

Then on Friday my brother joined the air force reserves. Then on Saturday when we were having a dinner in his honor per say my mom's cousin called and informed us that their other cousin had died in an atv accident. (Bill Orton is cousins with my mom). So then the next Friday we had the funeral. All through this trying to keep up with 3 kids, laundry, dishes, work and book club :) (reading the Ruby Key by Holly Lisle...interesting) Also on Friday as I'm taking the kids to the neighbors to be watched while I'm at work the trailblazer gets a flat so call mom again and I get to drive the tank around for the next day and a half. Well glass half full there's one out of three tires that needs replacing taken care of...






Well enough of my boo-hoo sob story called my life. the sunny weather has been great. The kids and I have gone on walks and worked in the flower beds and have been in the process of building a rabbit cage...yes we got a bunny for Easter. Hopefully this one won't die. This one is number 4 for us. The first one died...don't know why ...got 2 more (1 was free) and Daniel had some oil spill on the drive way so he had kitty litter on it soaking it up...see where this is heading ...well carter picked it up and fed it to the bunnies....kitty litter absorbs...well those two bunnies were no longer....so now we have number 4 hopefully there will be no need for a fourth funeral. Hopefully things will start going better....April showers bring May flowers...

5 comments:

  1. Who joined the airforce reserves??? I am so glad I found out about your blog! This is Great (and you keep yours far more up to date than we keep ours - grin!) Love ya! - Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rodney joined. He's going into welding technologies. He hopes to be in the training in October. we will see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you updated! And very sorry about car trouble! That bites! You did do a great job on your talk and leading in church every week! Plus singing in church-man your amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it has been crazy! oh well its almost may. those are darling pictures of the kids. love the one with madison and the bike. you can always have my passport...its up for sale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. he makes the cutest cowboy... we need to dress him up and take him up there

    ReplyDelete