Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Whoa...whoa oh oh...For the longest time

It's been a while...for which I must apologize. Part of it was beacuse I promised on an earlier blog that I would not complain/vent for a while. And as you can read from Jenn's posting...there has been a lot to complain about. But I think I'm over that now...maybe not...


Okay can I just say that Cars have now become the bane of my existence. From cars my greatest comes my greatest financial burden...not only in car payments but lately in maintenance. It is the greatest source of stress.
In spite of all my complaining about Carter, he can still give me a grin, a hug or a look that bleeds away stress...I tried getting a look like this from the trailblazer...and all it looks like is an evil smile...It sucks all the life and money out of me.
It is the source of my greatest worry. Right now there is nothing I can do with it. Trade in value is nothing (we bought it at the end of 2006 right before SUV prices and values dropped. So right now nobody will even take it as a trade in. So I am in a constant state of worry about how long it will last and how much longer before I have to do mre repairs on it.
It is the source of my greatest frustration. I thought that the reason for buying a newer vehicle was that it would cost less for repairs. Well in reality I have spent more on this car in 2 1/2 years in repairs than 8 years on our 1991 Explorer. So my frustration extends to GM for making a lousy vehicle for me to buy and on the sales group...For now I won't mention names but if you want to know who not to go to let me know and I will gladly tell you...because the sales group convinced me to the POC car!
Anyway...so I guess that the no complaining/venting thing is now out of the question. I guess I will just say what I'm feeling and you guys will just have to deal with it.
On a lighter side. We did have a good Easter holiday, the kids are happy with what the Easter bunny brought. Madison scored a goal on Saturday...she broke away from the group and ran it all the way all by herself. She looked great doing it and gave us the opportunity to celebrate her wonderful goal. By contrast Madison also had her kindergarten shots on Tuesday. This is much harder than when she was little. When kids are babies it's easier to detach...mostly because I don't think they understand why they hurt...they just know they hurt. But with Madiosn it was very hard to detach myself. When she looked into my eyes pleading for the shots to stop...I just about lost it. Of course I had to be the one to hold her down...Jennifer does not handle that kind of thing well.
Madison is excited for school and I think she is just waiting to learn. She loves doing the pre-K workbooks we have bought for her and interestingly enough she loves the math...I am excited for her to go to school and to watch her mind develop. I hope that she is more receptive to the importance of focusing in school...Anyway...till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment