Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter Blooper

Daniel is such a complete nut. I wanted to KILL him today. So here's what happened. For Easter we decided to get the kids batteries...woo-hoo (isn't it what every kid wants?) No batteries for the 4x4 Jeep that Tate's gave us about 2 years ago. Daniel's little brothers had it and they were obviously too big (10 at the time) so they gave it to us. Well it didn't have any batteries so the kids have just played on it. And washed it in the summer when we wash our car. They've had fun with it. The reason we haven't ever got batteries is because the batteries cost 29.95 a piece and it needs two! So we decided for Easter that's what they'll get they'll hunt for eggs that will lead them to the backyard to the jeep and WA-LA the jeep will magically run. Well when you buy the batteries you have to charge them first. So they've been charging in the garage. Last night after the kids were down for the night, Daniel goes out to put the batteries in to see if it will even work. The jeep is old. And it's been outside for two winters and summers and rain and basically it's been through the extremes...so we weren't sure if the cords hooking it up would be corroded or if the thing would even run at all. well it ran...he comes back in and says it works so we go to bed.

He has now gone to work this morning and were up and dressed and they want to play outside...so I bundle them up because of the wind and let them go outside to play on their scooters and I sit down at the table to read the newspaper while the baby's sleeping. The next thing I know is that the kids are bursting through the door screaming...THE TRUCK WORKS!!! THE TRUCK WORKS!!! My mind is reeling what? what truck what is all the excitement about...so I ask Madison what are you talking about? And her reply....the truck in the back it works we were playing in it and it moved and I couldn't get it through the gate so we drove it around and up front and IT WORKS! (all said in a very excited tone) Things are now clicking in my brain...truck...working...oh *!@* the jeep! Easter! CRAP! The kids proceed to drag me outside to show me the total awesomeness of their discovery. All the while I'm thinking crap now what are we going to do for Easter and I'm going to kill that man! So I go back inside and tell the kids to have fun while I start dialing Daniels work #. he picks up to a barrage of you idiot! what were you thinking? I'll tell you what you were thinking you weren't! how could you do this? now what are we going to do? And all he could do was stammer wh-wh-Jennifer what is the matter and what is going on that's got you all in a huff?! So I proceed to tell him the kids magical discover and how thrilled they are and that they are driving everywhere and think it's totally awesome ....he laughs! Well I knew it would be an awesome Easter who knew the Easter bunny came early on the Wednesday before? All I can do is look back and smile and enjoy the kids excitement over their early discover of Easter and magic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment