Thursday, April 9, 2009

In my defense

Okay...so after reading the post below, it would be easy to believe that I am some half-wit who didn't think things through...well I want you to know that...okay it's true. But I can't help it.

In my defense I don't think the kids have even looked at the thing in like months (partially due to snow) and in reality it was cold enough yesterday that they shouldn't have even been outside playing...but I honestly thought it would be fine to just leave the thing there and not worry about the kids finding it.

All in all I think it was an excuse to get the kids something else for Easter. Jenn has been bothering me about getting a new rabbit (Carter fed the other bunnies kitty litter...see post below regarding him). Since Easter is a great time to do it, she has been kind of asking...I've been kind of saying no...Well since the kids discovered the Jeep, we have to get something else for them. And of course yesterday afternoon I began to receive a bunch of e-mails from KSL Classifieds from Jenn...what were they? WABBITS...lots of them...some as cheap as $10 and some as much as $75. Well I figured if we could find the exact rabbit that I wanted, and it was under $25 it would be okay.

(I was secretly hoping that by setting these kinds of limitations there would be no possible way that we would find a rabbit)

Of course the very first place we call has the exact kind of rabbit we want for only $20 bucks...Okay so fine...Jenn starts getting the kids ready (we are going to the temple) so we can drop them off. We figure we can just stick the Rabbit in the back of the car in a cage while we are at the temple.

So as Jenn is working on the kids, I am working on getting the Rabbit cage set up...I ease it into the back of the Trailblazer and announce to my wife that we need to get going. Madison runs out to the car and looks in the back..."Are we getting a new rabbit?" she asks...

Crap...I've done it again...

1 comment:

  1. way to go.
    You can just be like us. We don't do anything for our kids. They have an Easter egg hunt at Ryan's parents, but really, other than that, we don't do anything for Easter.

    ReplyDelete