Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sorry they are so long.

So I just realized that our posts are like a novel long. I know that sometimes it's hard spend that much time reading what someone else wrote (especially when there are so many things that don't have much to do with everyone who follows this blog). I don't think it's because we are long winded...okay maybe I am a little....okay maybe a lot. But I think it's because we don't write enough to keep up with our daily lives. But I mean seriously...if we wrote everytime to keep everyone updated on what's going on...we will probably be writing constantly. So I am going to start a 'week in review' post that I will post on the last working day of the week. Since I am off tomorrow I will post it today.

So it's been a long week. Not that there was much going on but I think because of the long weekend, plus Jennifer is out of school, it seems longer. But here is a breakdown of the week.

Monday - We had another little lying incident with Madison. We grounded her but unfortunatley everytime we ground her, something else comes up that night and I think we are sending the wrong message. The first time we grounded her, we were invited to go to the Roy Aquatic center for free. Yes I know free...well we don't have much money so when an opportunity like this comes up...we have to take advantage. This time...Grandma invited to take everyone to see a movie. So we did. Maybe it's our own lack of discipline that makes us cave, but she's too young to stay home alone, and it's not fair punishing everyone for her mistakes.

Tuesday - Not too much happened this day. I am starting a second job and this was my first day. Luckily I think it's a job I will enjoy so no worries. But this made for a long day for me.

Wednesday - Everything happened on Wednesday. I woke up with what I thought were spider bites on my arm...it's that time of year. Jenn had a girls camp activity that she had to run that night, and while I was at work I broke out into hives. I've had them before and have just left them until they went away, but this was different. My hand and fingers swole up to where I could barely bend them at the second knuckle, and my throat started to swell...I went to a doctor who gave me a steroid shot and they went away...Jenn had a successful activity.

Today - We leave for the Oakley Rodeo and the cabin for the rest of this week. We come back on Saturday because we can't miss the Clearfield fireworks (haven't missed them once since we've been married). My hives came back. I have never had that happen before. So as I sit at work, I am miserable, and I get to leave soon. Hopefully whatever is causing this doesn't follow me to the cabin.

Anyway...that's what happened this week. Hopefully next week will be a bit less eventful. I hope everyone has a good 4th of July weekend, and I remind you all to thank and pray for those who made the 4th possible, and who continue to secure our Independence during the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment