Friday, July 31, 2009

A week in review...

Well I am sorry to be a downer...I have tried to as positive as I can while writing on this blog...because nobody wants to read about my sad sob stories...but unfortunatley...no matter how I spin this week in review...it's gonna be a downer.

Monday - McKinley had her 6 mos check up...yes I know...it's kind of scary that she is already 6 months old but she of course had to get shots...that was really tough. Jenn had a meeting so she took off and left all three kids with me at the Dr's office. Madison kind of struggled with her little sister getting shots, but otherwise things went fairly smooth. McKinley has a pretty rough time with her shots, it makes her pretty ornery so Monday night and Tuesday she was not in the bet of moods.

Tuesday - Sorry to get the downer period off to a quick start, but...I found out on Tuesday that my job position is being displaced through a reduction in force...that's just a lot of corporate speak for I'm being laid off. Woo hoo...I have one month before my last day and that's about it. I was told that the decision was made basically because I have just barely one year of service with the company and that's one of the first things they look at. So for those who don't know this is the second time in as many years. I was laid off at Citi during December of 2007, and American Express will be August 2009. I wish I could say that 2008 went smoothly, but I had to find a job, learn a job, quit that job, start another job, and learn the other new job. Along with that came all of the insurance changes and people changes and all that stuff. So it's been a rough couple of years. Moving on...

Wednesday - Jenn went to YW after I got home from work, she is pretty stressed out about Girls' Camp this year, because McKinley is still breastfeeding and will NOT take a bottle or eat rice or anything else. All of this sums up as Jenn will have to take McKinley with her to Girls Camp. We have been facing this possibility for a while, and at first there wasn't great concern. The Bishop and YW President simply told her to have someone come up to keep track of our cute little 6 mos old, and everything will be fine. Unfortunatley there aren't too many people who can give up 3-4 days to come up and sit around. Plus Jenn kind of got involved with girls camp fairly late so she is stressing about everything being ready.

Thursday - Not too much happened on Thursday, Jenn took off to get some things taken care of for Girls Camp and then went shopping with her mother for a baby shower gift. Well for those who know Jenn and Shelly you know what the baby shower shopping means...and for those who don't know them...it means that they left at about 6:30 and were gone for 3 hours. I can't say that I blame them, Jenn is home with the kids so much that when she gets out...it's usually for a few hours at least.

Friday - I am at work, trying to put together transition papers for all of my job duties (well and writing in the blog) and Jenn and the kids are on their way to the Oquirrh Temple openhouse. We might go up to the cabin this weekend (just for kicks and giggles) and then I'll be back to the daily grind.

Sorry again if this depresses anybody...I don't like to be negative, but...sometimes life forces your hand! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment