Friday, July 24, 2009

A week in review..week of 07/25

Okay so I know that I forgot my 'week in review' last month, for this I sincerly apologize. If any of you out in cyber world actually read this, you'll realize that I am not very consistent with my posts...but I am trying to get better...my only option to do this consistently is to do it at work...and that just doesn't work all the time. If I wait until I get home there is just too much other 'stuff' that gets in the way.

Monday - Monday was fairly uneventful. I had to work that night...(for those that don't know I started a second job at Petco in an effort to get some extra money saved up and in the hopes of going to Disneyland). Jenn took her mother to Fat Cats in Ogden to go bowling with the kids and that was their family night. Madison's first day of school...I'll let you read about that on Jenn's post below.

Tuesday - I cant remember...I think we spent most of the day at home. Jenn went up to the camp where they are going to hold Girls camp this year. That's a story in and of itself. But I learned something about her that day...its something that I probably already knew, but didn't realize. Jenn is a very visual person. She needs to be able see what and where in order to feel confident about what she is doing. She had a hard time with a change of venue for Girls camp, until she went up there and saw what the new camp looked like. She came home with a different attitude.

Wednesday - I worked from home that day, Madison had her testing, Jenn was more worried than Madison. Jenn has this constant paranoia that Madison is not going to be as advanced as some of the other Kindergarten children. I keep having to remind her that Madison is very smart, and she is going to be one of the older kids in the class. She will have kids that are just 1 year older than Carter...What that also means is that Carter will be one of the youngest children in his class, luckily he is a big kid.

Thursday - Passed very uneventfully. Which is a good thing. Every once in a while you need one of those days where you don't do much...we watched TV for a little bit, got the house cleaned up had dinner, bathed the kids and went to bed...

Friday - Pioneer day...really this is what I wanted to write about...so this part of the post is going to be kind of long. I have had the rare opportunity to go on a Pioneer Trek three seperate times. the first time I was 14 years old. This time was okay I think I was too young to really appreciate what was being represented and what I was being taught...but...whatever. I didn't have a bad experience, plus, my Mom was in charge of food and made sure to give me extra if I needed it.

The second experience was very different. I was 18 yrs. old I had graduated from High School and was basically just getting myself ready to go on a mission. Girls were now a part of my real life (instead of just dreaming about talking to a girl at the age of 14) which made certain experiences different. Anyway the third time I went just as a member of the support crew, so I didn't experience the whole thing, but it was interesting to see things from a different perspective.

To get right to the point. I have a deep and unmoving respect for the pioneers that have come before us. I don't just mean those who made the long trek to the Salt Lake Valley, but also those who laid the foundations for this country. Looking back to our founding fathers, religious icons and revolutionaries like Martin Luther, John Calvin and Erasmus started the bug that forced the Pioneers referred to as the Pilgrims' who came seeking religious freedom. That led to this nation being born, and set the stage for me to engage in a pioneer trek celebrating my religion. I love this country, and sometimes I wish that I had served my country. Anyway...my hat is off (if I ever wore a hat) to those pioneers from centuries past, as well as all those out there who are pioneering right now. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment